Shortly after the derailment post, I was fortunately able to pick things up again. I've now made it through seven chapters of the second draft, which is currently up around twenty-five thousand words. I also did something else I've never done before: I divided each chapter into its own document and I think I like working like this. It's easier to manage than one big file, especially when it comes to versioning.
Of course, I'm about to derail myself again. Not due to outside influences but because the easy part of the story is now behind me. This is where things start to get a bit thick and there's going to be far more rewriting from this point forward.
Makes me tired just thinking about it.